How to make the perfect Christmas Hot Chocolate.
At this time of year it's the perfect excuse to indulge yourself. And, at Christmas, what's better than a lusciously tasty cup of hot chocolate. So try our spiced hot chocolate recipe - you'll be glad you did.
Mexican Spiced Hot Chocolate Recipe
Our simple recipe adds spice and a kick to your regular hot chocolate - simply delicious
- 1 cup milk
- 20 grms good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 20 grms sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/16 tsp. chipotle powder or chili powder (the magic ingredient)
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of cayenne
- add optional toppings: whipped cream, marshmallows, chocolate syrup, and/or chocolate shavings
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat until simmering, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and serve with optional toppings.